Our Commitment to the Well-Being of our Guests and Associates
Walnut Beach Resort has always adhered to health and safety program designed to address a broad spectrum of contaminants, including COVID-19. During this pandemic, we have amplified our attention to hygiene and cleanliness in our common areas and guest rooms, closely following the advice of the Public Health Agency of Canada and our federal, provincial and local authorities in compliance with all applicable laws. We hope that our continued attention to rigorous cleaning will provide you with confidence that our hotel is prepared to welcome you.
We want you to know that while you are our guest, we will do everything we can to ensure your comfort. If we can assist in any way, please do not hesitate to ask.
Below are some of the things we are doing to ensure your well-being:
- We have provided enhanced training in hygiene processes and compliance requirements.
- We have increased the frequency of disinfecting and sanitizing hightouch surfaces, including elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, washrooms and the front desk area.
- We have heightened our focus on the disinfection of high-touch items in guest rooms and use products which have been proven to be highly effective in virus mitigation.
- Our associates are wearing personal protective equipment as required to complete duties.
- Hot Tub may be closed on occassion for cleaning
- Physical distancing protocols are recommended.
- We are following the cleanliness guidelines as set out by the PHAC and CDC, as well as using their approved sanitizing products.
- Appointment of a Cleanliness Champion.
- Hand sanitizing stations in high traffic areas.
- Screening of associates and vendors, including temperature checks as required.
- Masks and gloves are available for our employees.
- Social distancing protocols and supporting signage.
- Minimize guest touchpoints through the repositioning and/or removal of excess furniture.
- Provided training, protective equipment guidance and FAQs to associates.
- Masks are recommended in public areas for our guests.
- Ongoing sanitization of key cards and pens.
- Added a hand sanitizer station for guests.
- Masks and gloves are provided to staff at the Front Desk.
- Added luggage carts sanitation stations for guests.
- Hand sanitizing stations available throughout all public spaces.
- Added social distancing signage.
- Increased the frequency of disinfecting and sanitizing all hard surfaces and fixtures.
- We have removed non-essential items (in-room collateral and other high-touch items); available upon request.
- Placed hand-sanitizing wipes in guest rooms.
- Limit associates entry to guest rooms.
- Introduced a Room Recovery Protocol, in the case of a COVID-19 positive guest.
- All dishes and utensils are put through the dishwasher prior to guests arrival.
Food & Beverage
- Updated food handling and service guidelines.
- Introduced additional cleaning and sanitizing protocols.
- Introduced new approaches to buffets, catering and banquets.
- Disposable or laminated menus for sanitizing/disinfecting.
- Tables and chairs sanitized between each guest.
- Contactless payment options.
Meetings & Events
- Room setups have been configured to allow for social distancing.
- Staggered meal time to avoid congestion.
- Tables and chairs wiped down during breaks in meetings.
- Strict food handling and service guidelines in effect.
- Sanitizer available throughout event space
- Recommend use of personal smart devices and tablets for taking notes.
- Pens and pads will be provided upon request.
Services & Amenities
- Updated operation practices for pool, fitness centre and other amenity spaces.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of equipment and furniture.
- Sanitizer wipes available for guests.
- Express check-out to limit interactions with staff.
Sign up to our eClub to receive emails containing our latest deals, vacation ideas and exclusive offers.