Snowbirds Gather at Walnut Beach Resort
Head to the South Okanagan this winter and take pleasure in a winter-long extended escape to Walnut Beach Resort. Enjoy the mild winter climate and idyllic lakeside location on Lake Osoyoos - Canada's warmest lake. Unwind in one of the hot tubs with lake views, play golf year round, relax in elegant designer suites, savour a mouth-watering meal at Pointe 49 Kitchen & Bar and marvel at all the things to do and see in the breathtaking South Okanagan region.
No need to head south of the border this year. Spend a week, a month or longer with us. We’re here to make sure you have a safe and relaxing stay.
Wondering how you’ll spend your time? Walnut Beach Resort in-house activity coordinators organize activities specifically for our snowbird community:
- Games nights – multiple games over multiple nights
- Coffee get-togethers
- Potluck dinners
- Music jams and sing-alongs
- Soak in the outdoor hot tubs with views of the lake
- Swim in the warm waters of the heated outdoor pool
Beyond Walnut Beach Resort, explore Osoyoos for more to do:
- Osoyoos Seniors Centre for socializing, cards and games, billiards
- Oliver Seniors Centre for dancing twice weekly
- Sonora Community Centre for pickleball or yoga, with library and fitness facilities
- Local shopping in Osoyoos
- Winery Tours
- Casino Tours
- Shopping/activities in Penticton
We are close to the U.S. border for a little cross-border shopping. Oroville, Tonasket and Omak are just south of the border on HWY 97 from Osoyoos, with Oroville just on the other side of the lake and Omak about an hour south.
Meet new friends and enjoy the mildest winter climate in Canada. Make the Walnut Beach Resort your Canadian winter retreat.
Book now before we sell out for the season!
- Affordable Snowbird & long-term winter stays
- Elegant suites with contemporary finishes
- Fully equipped designer kitchens in one- and two-bedroom units
- Heated outdoor pool and hot tubs
- Stay in Canada, no need for US medical coverage or passport
- Easy flights into Penticton or Kelowna
- Special Snowbird menu available for your stay
Snowbird rates available from October 1 to April 30 each year. Requires 30 night minimum stay to qualify for monthly rate. 60 night minimum stay required if staying in January, February or March. One half month's rent deposit due at time of booking. Cancellations and changes allowed up to 60 days prior to arrival. Inside of 60 days arrival, deposit is forfeited if cancelled. Any medical or health related reasons for cancellation may allow for deposit to be refunded at the properties discretion and a doctor's note may be requested.